Welcome to the Mason Early Childhood Center (MECC)
Learn More About MECC
- AM/PM Kindergarten Street List
- After School Enrichment
- Before & After School Extended Care/ K Comet Care
- Car Rider, Bike, Walker Process
- Health Services
- MECC Breakfast and Lunch Menu
- MECC Handbook & Fees
- MECC PTO
- Preschool Program
- One Hour & Two Hour Delay Schedules
- Schedule a Tour
AM/PM Kindergarten Street List
After School Enrichment
Before & After School Extended Care/ K Comet Care
Car Rider, Bike, Walker Process
MECC Breakfast and Lunch Menu
MECC Handbook & Fees
One Hour & Two Hour Delay Schedules
Schedule a Tour
Our content focuses on the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of the individual child - with equal consideration for each of those needs.
Learning Experience at MECC
- Comet Kid
- Destination Imagination
- Reading & Writing Workshop
- Responsive Classroom
- School Psychologist
- Standards Based Grading at MECC
Reading & Writing Workshop
Standards Based Grading at MECC
• Every child can learn and children learn in different ways.
• Children learn by taking risks.
• Learning is a lifelong process.
• Parents are an integral part of their child’s education.
• Success fosters a positive self-esteem and a positive self-esteem promotes learning.
View Mason City Schools Personalized Learning Guide
4631 Hickory Woods Drive
Mason, Ohio 45040
9:20 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
AM Kindergarten & PreK
9:20 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
PM Kindergarten & PreK
1:05 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade Office - 513.398.3741 | Fax 513.398.2169
Preschool Office - 513.229.4578
Health Clinic - 513.770.2045
Attendance - 855.339.9012
Extended Care - 513.617.7121
After School Enrichment Program 513.398.9035 ext. 40014
Safe Schools Tipline - 513.972.4910 | email@example.com | Website
Get Tech Help firstname.lastname@example.org
MECC Admin Team
Principal: Melissa Bly
Asst. Principal: Vivian Alvarez
Asst. Principal: Blake Barnett
Asst. Principal: Joycelyn Senter
The Mission of the Mason Early Childhood Center is to educate the whole child within the context of a nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment.
MECC embraces the Responsive Classroom approach to working with children. It is a way of teaching that emphasizes social, emotional and academic growth in a strong and safe school community. The goal of the Responsive Classroom philosophy is to create a safe, challenging and joyful classroom where children experience success both academically and socially.